In May, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the HEROES Act, which would extend expanded unemployment benefits including the extra $600 per week in benefits through January 2021. But the Senate has still not voted on this critical piece of legislation.
The extra $600 per week in unemployment benefits will run out at the end of this month if the Senate does not act NOW.
- Extending Pandemic Unemployment Compensation which provides an additional $600 per week that unemployed workers have been receiving since the CARES Act passed in March.
- Preserving healthcare benefits by passing a 100% COBRA premium subsidy for families who have lost access to their employee-based insurance.
- Safeguarding renters and homeowners from evictions and foreclosures.
- Protecting the pensions we have earned by allowing the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) to provide partition assistance to struggling multiemployer plans.
- Increasing funding for the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Musicians standing together will get through this stronger than ever.
AFM International President